Table of Contents Hide
Stuck in Mumbai because you are overburdened with the mountain of work and want to move your bike to the new location in India urgently? You have to make an urgent relocation but you are grappling with a lack of time. Which is a major cause of concern.
One of the easiest things to do here is to just leave your bike at your friend’s or relative’s house and shift. But it must be the last thing on your mind.
Well, if you are experiencing sleepless nights, with regard to vehicle shifting. Then the GOOD NEWS is that you can benefit from the facility of bike shifting by train, which is SAFE and COST EFFECTIVE.
Shipping Your Bike in India Through Train
Shifting the two-wheeler by train is generally considered one of the best. The most reliable, and most convenient means of transportation to the new location without actually driving it. Trains cover longer distances all around India and are ideal for transporting the bike damage free to your desired place urgently.
The BIG Question: The trains are generally accessible in most of the major cities or states in India. But why do most people still not prefer this mode of motorcycle transport?
The answer to this question is that most of the people in India still are not well-informed about this means of transport for shifting the bike. And if you are also one of them, then let’s have a look at the process of bike transport by train.
Ways of Motorcycle Transport by Train
There are mainly two main prominent ways of transporting the two-wheeler by train, which are:
Bike Shifting by Train as Luggage
Here, the motorcycle is moved to the new location in the parcel van of the train. It is indeed one of the fastest means of bike transportation. However, it is important to note that this method is costlier because you will be required to pay both the traveling ticket and bike shifting charges. There are many important points to be taken into the consideration to booking your two-wheeler for train travel as a piece of luggage:
- Visit the Indian Railways Luggage Booking Office at least 2 to 3 days before to ensure. There is adequate space in the parcel van for your bike transportation.
- You must provide copies of the valid documents. Like the Registration Certificate (RC), insurance, aadhaar card, driving license, passport, etc to the railway authorities.
Our Related Article: NetSuite Suitepeople Payroll System
- After the inquiry or verification process is over, then fill out the form and pay the bike transport charges.
- It is important to pack your bike properly for the damage-free transportation process. For this make use of quality packing materials.
- Do not forget to carry the luggage receipt with you as you will be required. To show the ticket at the parcel office for taking the delivery of your two-wheeler.
Bike Shifting by Train as Parcel
It is one of the most popular means of bike transport by train. Here, you are not required to travel in the same train in which your two-wheeler is being shifted. Furthermore, an authorized individual can take the delivery of the motorcycle on your behalf at the destination station. A very important thing to note here is that it generally takes around 4-5 days to transport your bike as a parcel or less depending upon the location or distance. Here are the prominent points to book the motorcycle as a parcel:
- Just like luggage, you are required to visit the railway parcel booking office, 2 or 3 days in advance with the necessary documents.
- Pack the motorcycle nicely to make sure it reaches the new destination safely.
- You are required to fill out the parcel booking form and provide the necessary information like the engine number, chassis number, and address of the destination where the two-wheeler has to be delivered. After that pay the desired charges.
- During the time of the delivery, you have to show the parcel booking receipt at the parcel office.
Important Points to Remember
It does not matter, whichever way you select for the purpose of bike transport by train, there are some prominent points, which you must not overlook for the safe and smooth shifting of the two-wheeler:
- It is important that you reach the railway station early to avoid any last-minute inconvenience.
- Make sure that you enquire about the right platform where the two-wheeler will be loaded on the train.
- You must not forget to take a dispatch receipt from the railway authorities.
- The fuel tank of the bike must be empty to avoid any mishap during transportation. In case you fail to do the same, then you will be required to pay the penalty charges. In some cases, the railway authorities may even refuse to shift your bike by train.
- For the delivery of the bike, you will be required to provide the dispatch receipt when asked by the railway authorities.
The Bottom Line
Now, you may have got some valuable insights about the process of bike transport by train. So, if you are struggling with the lack of time and want to get your two-wheeler moved immediately to the new location that too by paying less, then Indian Railways, without any doubt can turn out to be your best option and offer you a stress-free experience.
Happy Bike Shifting!!