Table of Contents Hide
Digital marketing interns actively participate in the strategic development of a company’s online marketing strategy. They would typically be involved in researching, analyzing, and prototyping new digital platforms and content while also planning social media campaigns for their company. Digital Marketing Internships at large firms can expect to work in a team environment. They will often work on the more creative aspects of their firm’s marketing strategy, such as blog writing, email marketing, copywriting, link building, etc.
Why would I want to take a digital marketing internship?
Students who decide to take on a digital marketing internship are typically interested in learning more about the technical aspects of digital marketing, such as coding, SEO, and SEM. Many marketing students also like writing blogs and planning social media campaigns. The potential to learn so many different things while still being involved in the overall strategic development of a company’s online marketing efforts is an absolute draw for many students looking for internships. You can also work with senior digital marketers and learn many skills from them.
Our Related Article: Digital Marketing Services in India
Pros of digital marketing internship
- Digital marketers who start their careers early can also make a lot of money and be attractive.
- It has been reported that digital marketers can make over INR 10,0000 per month in their skills.
- The average salary for a digital marketer fresher is about INR 300000 TO 400000 per year, but you will be able to find some people earning more money.
- You can reach a world audience through digital marketing.
- Digital marketing is currently the hottest topic in the market. It’s becoming more and more popular for everyone to enter the field.
- You can learn many skills and implement them yourself. But that is not enough to perform well in internships. It would help if you chose to mentor to solve your doubts, or you could take a digital marketing institute to help.
- Digital Marketing Internships are a great way to network with other students and professionals in the industry.
- Some digital marketing companies offer their interns benefits and scholarships as well.
Cons of digital marketing internship
This type of internship is more demanding than standard sales or administrative internships, and you will have a lot of responsibility and be expected to keep up with the rest of the team. These internships are also very competitive and harder to land than the typical sales or administrative internships.
- Many digital marketers spend their whole days in front of a computer.
- A digital marketing job requires a lot of research and analysis. After researching information also, sometimes the final result will fail.
- You always have to learn and update digital marketing trends. If you don’t, you’ll never be competent in what is happening in the industry. It is essential always to stay updated with the latest trends and developments in your field.
- Picking the wrong niche can be problematic, not just because the wrong place could lead to a lack of sales. Choosing the wrong one might spend too much time and money on something that will no longer be profitable. If your niche is too broad, understanding concepts will take time.
- The pay varies greatly depending on your firm, but interns earn between INR 8000 to INR 15000 monthly.
- Digital marketing is a long-term process, and it could take several months to start seeing the benefits of your efforts. The best way to stay motivated and feel like you’re making progress is to ensure every step you take is towards your goal.
Digital marketing is a trending carrier that many people are exploring. The benefits of these internships are clear, and the competition is intense. It could take around 3 to 6 months to see the benefits of your efforts, so your patience is an excellent quality in this situation. Suppose you want to learn complete practical digital marketing skills to succeed in your internship. You can consider our digital marketing course in Bangalore. We provide valuable knowledge in a landscape where finding jobs is becoming easy.
We are a team of passionate individuals who want to help you achieve your goals and to help you build the career of your dreams. If you’re in an industry that focuses on digital marketing, we have the best courses available with different times and course fees that will fit every lifestyle.