Table of Contents Hide
- What is a Web Application?
- What are the benefits of Web Applications?
- What are a few examples of Web Applications?
- 1. Google Docs
- 2. Amazon
- 3. Social Media Apps
- How to develop a web application?
- 1. Streamline the development process
- 2. Simple Overall Appearance
- 3. Emphasise Usability
- 4. Keep Security as a Priority
- 5. Think Ahead Of Time
- 6. Test the Application
The Internet is where people spend most of their time searching for products they love or the services they need. There is a service for every individual’s need, and the options are endless. Here comes the application development role, which is important in modern business.
As businesses are making a swift move to the web, the companies that can innovate quickly with smart software will have a competitive advantage. Does it sound easy?
Well, the problem is that web application development is becoming increasingly complex. Businesses should take the necessary steps that simplify their future. But how do you do it right?
Hence, we’ve prepared this detailed guide for those who want to learn about the key things to remember while creating web apps or want to know about it from scratch. This blog will come in handy!
Let’s start with the basics.
What is a Web Application?
What are the benefits of Web Applications?
Web Applications provide a ton of benefits. Here’s a list of the most important ones:
- Since it operates on the web, there’s no space restriction
- No huge support and maintenance costs involved from the business side
- It is easy to update the features
- Fewer compatibility issues. All you need is to adapt the app to the respective browser
- Regardless of the operating system and device, you can access the web applications anywhere
What are a few examples of Web Applications?
If you look around, you’ll find yourself surrounded by various web applications.
1. Google Docs
One of the best examples is Google Docs, where you can write, edit and share content effortlessly. It gives an option for real-time editing wherein you can easily share the document with others, and they’ll be able to edit the content as well.
All shopping platforms available on the web browser are web applications. For instance, Amazon is an e-commerce app where customers can browse products, select an item, add them to the cart, feed the address, and checkout.
3. Social Media Apps
There’s hardly anyone not on social media these days. All the social media apps you use from your web browser are web applications. The apps allow you to interact with your friends through content, likes, shares, comments, etc.
This was all about the introduction. Now the big question:
How to develop a web application?
Developing a web application is not easy. You can find many solutions online that will not target your need or problem. So, here we have listed the key things you should keep in mind to ensure success.
6 tips for successful web application development:
1. Streamline the development process
The first step is sketching the process to guide the developers. This ensures a satisfactory result. Establish a consistent approach for the developers that align with your overall business agenda and priority.
How does this help?
- Faster development process
- Consistency in work when there are numerous alternatives
Make development architecture for all the pages in the application. Be clear about where to add the images, text, and videos. You can choose a common programming language to use with all your projects or select the best one for each application type.
2. Simple Overall Appearance
Consumers use mobile apps constantly. This has built the expectation to find similar simplicity on the web also. Hence, to meet these expectations, your web application development process should integrate simplicity with user-friendliness to encourage more and more customer inflow.
Our Related Article: Marine Businesses
Create a simple UI (user Interface) so that users are intrigued to visit your new applications. The overall appearance should be clean and simple, and you can achieve this with consistent fonts, colors, layouts, and graphics.
Developers can use creative images, illustrations, graphics, and animations to deliver the brand message in style.
Use language that suits your audience and prioritizes how your product/ service adds value to your users.
3. Emphasise Usability
Successful businesses focus on the user’s pain point and develop applications that promote ease of use while the users engage with it. So, a successful web application development must offer a positive UI/UX experience.
The process caters to four needs:
- How simple the web app is to use
- How quickly users can perform the various functions
- How easy it is for the user to remember how to use
- How well does it offer the expected functionality
Developers can talk to the potential users and understand their perspectives to include and implement the necessary changes in the development process.
A few features which promote usability are:
- Fast Delivery
4. Keep Security as a Priority
Many times developers sacrifice security to rush through the process. This can lead to major problems like breaching the application. Therefore, keep security a priority.
Ways to ensure security:
- Offer training to in-house web app developers
- Ensure that the developers receive a proper briefing
- Outsource an experienced company with a proven track record
5. Think Ahead Of Time
No one knows what the future holds. All we can do is develop web applications that meet current and future needs. So, to future-proof your web applications, you can encourage your developers to take the following steps:
Our Related Article: Latest Android App Development Trends
- Create a development hierarchy that separates applications into tiers so you can enhance each tier as and when required
- Build applications that can handle a larger volume of users as a single server will not be able to take on more users than expected
- Build applications that can integrate and work with other applications so that you can utilize a grouping of in-house, subscription-based, and cloud-based applications.
6. Test the Application
Now that everything has worked out the way you wanted it to be, it doesn’t mean it is working well. So, testing your application to ensure it is working fine is mandatory.
Testing ensures that the user-side has a seamless experience and no bugs. It is the only way you can ensure the quality of the app. Also, there’s always a scope to improve the web application, which testing will help you do.
The various types of testing include:
- Performance testing
- Speed testing
- Usability testing
- Quality assurance
- Application security testing
- Compatibility testing
- Bug testing
- Multiple browsers testing
We’ve gone through the web application development process’s what, why, and how. While building the app depends on your requirements, you must focus on the user’s experience to higher traction.
As there’s always a risk associated with doing it the first time, we suggest seeking professional help to turn your web app vision into an amazing functional product. At Estie Web Solutions, we aim to take care of the entire process and ensure the smooth functioning of the Web App across the devices.
Our Related Article: NFT Gaming Development
Our wide range of services, from web design and development to application development, will make your business move forward in the right direction. Position your brand at the top as our developers employ their creative intuitiveness and blend users’ necessities to develop the best web apps that expand and upgrade your business.